Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Introduction to marz's Gardening Blog - Spring 2009

I love to blog. Over the years I've attempted to keep an accurate blog going about all the things going on in my life, sort of like a diary. Unfortunately I haven't really been successful at keeping any one of them up. I have a blog on myspace that gets updated next to never, and livejournal about once or twice a year (that's even closer to never). I think that my problem is that I've never really tried a topic-based blog, and I've never been in the position before now where I had no job to go to on a daily basis. In these very trying economical times, I'm left wondering where my next meal will come from.

Enter the Garden. Yes, vegetables and fruits of my labor will hopefully feed us as summer approaches and my prospects for employment dwindle. I'm going back to school for my Masters starting in May, because, well, that's what people do when they find themselves unemployed as a technical writer and no one is hiring people who really only want a part-time contract job (so that I can have the time to go to school full time).

When I'm working in the garden I find myself wanting to share what is happening. The miracle of seeds sprouting in the sugar-sand soil of Florida. My first flowers (nasturtiums and marigolds). Recycling tips for turning old junk into stuff to use in the garden. The joys and frustrations of weeding. Pests and how to grow organically. These are the things that make my current world turn, and they are the things that I hope to tell you about here. I hope that you will share with me as I share with you. Please, comment, ask questions, give advice, bribe me with seed trade offers - I look forward to interactions with this blogging community!

No comments:

Post a Comment